Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Man Who Got Confidence From Plastic Surgery

Ever since BBC reported Jamie Wishart’s story last month, comments and discussions about male plastic surgery have cropped up all over the Internet.

If you consider the regular stories and surveys that crop up every second day on this topic, it should not seem much of a surprise. But Jamie’s interview stands out (for me at least) because he voices concerns and fears about his physical appearance in a vein that is very similar to what women do.

Jamie justifies his cosmetic surgery decision to have a tummy tuck saying, “The best thing for me - and people may laugh at this - is when I get up in the morning and do my belt up, my stomach no longer hangs over the edge. I think, ‘Yes, I look good and this has all been worth it’.”

In a very candid insight, Jamie lets out a view that I am sure many of the alpha males out there will be cringing at. He says, “I'm sure if most blokes were honest, we all want to look good and if you can afford to take advantage of things on the market such as cosmetic surgery, why not?”

Well, to be honest, I feel that working professionals like these ought to speak out more about cosmetic surgery in Orange County and how it can help a person without it appearing like a pointless vanity trip. Hearing whispers about CEOs and hotshot executives having surgery is all good, but when the faces behind these titles step out with their personal grooming secrets, it’s fantastic.

Regular middle class women have accepted cosmetic surgery, it is your turn now men. Visit the Plastic Surgery Institute of California to know more about the surgery you are interested in.

Image credit: Flickr

No comments: